giovedì 10 gennaio 2008

Domani, nella battaglia.

GHOST OF CLARENCE (To KING RICHARD III)
Let me sit heavy on thy soul tomorrow!
I, that was wash'd to death with fulsome wine,
Poor Clarence, by thy guile betrayed to death!
Tomorrow in the battle think on me,
And fall thy edgeless sword: despair, and die!
(...)

GHOST OF GREY (To KING RICHARD III)
Think upon Grey, and let thy soul despair!

GHOST OF VAUGHAN (To KING RICHARD III)
Think upon Vaughan, and, with guilty fear,
Let fall thy lance: despair, and die!

(...)
GHOST OF HASTINGS (To KING RICHARD III)
Bloody and guilty, guiltily awake,
And in a bloody battle end thy days!
Think on Lord Hastings: despair, and die!

(...)
GHOST OF BUCKINGHAM (To KING RICHARD III)
The last was I that helped thee to the crown;
The last was I that felt thy tyranny:
O, in the battle think on Buckingham,
And die in terror of thy guiltiness!
Dream on, dream on, of bloody deeds and death:
Fainting, despair; despairing, yield thy breath!

Nessun commento: